- 1. Significant Achievements
- 1. Institution has re-accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC.
- 2. Meritorious achievement of students in B.Ed.and M.Ed. Degree Examinations.
- 3. Secured Overall Championship (Women) in the M.G.University Inter- Training Collegiate Athletic Meet and in All Kerala Inter Training College Athletic Meet and Throw ball tournament.
- 2. Contributions in the field of Education
- 1. The Institution publishes an annual Research Journal ‘Carmel Graphics’ (ISSN 2320-7299).
- 2. The institution has a Learning Disability Centre which offers consultancy services to students with special needs and their parents.
- 3. The faculty has played a prominent role in the Curriculum Restructuring of the B.Ed. Programme.
- 4. Some of the faculty serve as Research Guides.
- 5. Some of the faculty has undertaken Major and Minor Research Projects related to the field of Education.
- 3. Awards and Recognition Received
- 1. The institution has secured Annie Mascrine Memorial Award for theBest Teacher Education Institution in Kerala by Latheen Catholica Aikkavedi in 2009.
- 2. The institution has been awarded ‘All TimeEducational Achievement Mother Teresa Award’ in 2012.
- 3. Dr. Sr. Alice Mathew was awarded Janakeeya Sarga Samathi Talent Award for Best Principal in 2013.
- 4. Dr. Pushpa Marian was awarded Sreenivasa Ramanuja Award for the Best Mathematics Teacher of Kerala by Kerala Ganitha Shastra Parishath in 2015.
- 5. The following teachers were awarded Ph. D. in the field of Education
Dr. Pushpa Marian (2006)
Dr. Suma Joseph (2013)
Dr. Mary Sheba Jose (2013)
Dr. Soosamma P.A. (2015)
Dr. Bhagyalakshmi R.M. (2016).
- 4. Eminent Alumni
- 1. Adv. K.C. Rosakutty, Chairperson, Kerala State Women’s Commission and Ex MLA, Wayanad.
- 2. Mrs. Mini Antony Edward, Director, Department of Fisheries, Kerala.
- 3. Mrs. Mary Roy, Manager, Pallikoodam School, Kottayam.
- 4. Dr. Mini Dejo Kappen, Director of Planning & Development, University of Kerala.
- 5. Dr. Jaya Jaise, Director, School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- 5. Other information
- 1. The institution conducts UGC Sponsored Add on courses in Computer Application and Counsellor Training, as well as Certificate course in Yoga and Communicative English.
- 2. The institution initiates extension activities for educating underprivileged school students.
- 3. The institution runs Carmel Computer Centre, Carmel Tailoring Centre, Carmel Public Library and also Beauty Therapy courses for empowering the economically disadvantaged women of the locality.