Add On Courses
The institution offers the following certificate courses so as to update student teachers on the educational needs of the society. The students of the college can take admission for the
course according to their area of interest. The objective of the scheme
is to introduce career and skill enhancing add-on courses that have
utility for job and empowerment of the students. Students can pursue
these certificate programmes along with their regular Degree programme.
At the end of the academic pogramme, the students will be equipped with
an additional certificate in an add-on course along with their Degree
certificate. The institution offers add on courses in the following
- Certificate course in Counsellor Training ( UGC Sponsored)
- Certificate course in Computer Applications( UGC Sponsored)
Certificate course in Counsellor’s Training
The add on Course in Counsellor’s Training has been started from academic year 2008-2009. The aim of this course is to equip the student teachers with latest technique to solve the personal academic and non-academic problems of students. On completion of the course, student teachers are expected to
1. To understand the need and significance counseling process
2. To develop the ability to provide Counseling to the needy
3. To get in touch with ‘self’ in order to have better understanding of the other
4. To understand the skills and attributes required to conduct counseling
5. Understand the role of counseling in solving human problems.
6. Be counsellors to guide students and help people and society to lead a better and happier life.
The Course will be of 20 credits and each credit will have 15 hours of work load.
weeks ="font-size: 12px;">
Out of the total 20 credits 8 credits should necessarily be assigned to field work/project training.
Certificate course in Computer Applications
Certificate course in Computer Applications will be started from academic year 2013-2014. The aim of this course is to enable the student teacher to develop skills in operating computer and in information Management.
The objectives of the Course
1. To understand the nature and applications of computer in various fields.
2. To enable the trainees to develop skills in operating computer
3. To develop computer savvy teachers for applications at the grass-root level.
4. To enable the students to use and develop applications of multimedia in the field of eduation.